- Hold on to any Solar Ray spells you get. They can combine especially well with Sol Galla or moderately well with La Ura or Creis Dober early on in the game
- Soulswap is meant to be used offensively early in the game to summon Legacy Shell on the fourth turn, sacrificing a low cost creature like La Ura or Creis Dober. DO NOT SACRIFICE SOL GALLA! For this reason you should put at least one Legacy Shell into the mana Zone early on.
- Arc Bine is meant to be the bread and butter in this deck. Keep as many people alive as you can until you can get Arc Bine out. Hopefully you have a Legacy Shell in Position by this time. Use fast untappers to tap creatures and kill them with Arc Bine. Also Solar Rays help supplement this cards effect.
- Emerald Claws are for early supplemental power additions. Recommend using these Crossgears on the creature you intend to evolve into Arc Bine. Probably best attached to a sol galla for this reason. Otherwise this card works especially well for Nial and Lukia Lex mainly for protection from Fire kill cards.
- It might be tough to get nature mana in the mana zone. Don't hesitate to throw emerald claws or legacy shells into mana, and Lukia Lex may be a reasonable choice on the first turn as well. NEVER throw away a Soulswap. This deck needs at least 2 nature mana to function properly with emerald claw, but otherwise one nature mana will do in a pinch.