main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

TIP Before arranging a trade with another user, check their reputation by reviewing the scores and comments they have got in the Trade Evaluations they have received. You can find them on their home page.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Still alive?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Digimon Digi-Battle Card Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Still alive?   PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone on here still actively pursues collecting Digimon cards. Please let me know. I'd love to see how many of us are left. Thanks.

-Jake
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote

I wouldn't say actively but I have a few favorite ebay searches that I bid on if not insanely overpriced.
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Oh hey, a response. Thanks! It's absolutely insane how much some of these go for now/how hard some of these are to track down. Good luck to you...you'll need it. Let me know if I can help. I don't have a lot, but I have some good connections.
suraimu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote

I started collecting them a few months ago when I got back into digimon thanks to tri coming out, been in a digimon frenzy since then. And Ive already spend more than I should on digibattle cards. But I plan on getting even more in the future.
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote

That's great! Welcome to collecting. Thanks for posting. If there is something I can help you look for, let me know.
suraimu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote

Well it would be great if there was a place I could check for accurate card rarity, it seems sellers online charge whatever they want and Ive found the same card on sale with wildly different prices, are people really buying those uber expensive cards? Ive found that it really pays to wait it out, got myself quite a few bargains, Im in no rush to complete the collection.
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote

There is no great place to check card value. That is the reason why people sell them at prices all over the place. And yes people are really buying some of the cards at those prices. Most things from series 1-5 you can wait out for a good deal (but it could take awhile). for series 6 holos and gold text cards, don't count on them coming cheap (gold texts almost always go for over $100 and up to $500 a piece) If you take your time though, you will save a lot of money. And for pricing you'll just have to ask.
suraimu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote

I guess it makes sense that the more recent of a release the rarer the cards are, since the game was basically dead on arrival the subsequent boosters were likely printed in lower and lower numbers. Wouldnt surprise me if the amount of booster 6 cards they made was extremely low.
A shame because the game is a lot of fun and plays nothing quite like any other TCG Ive played.
Still $500 for one card is pretty crazy.
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Yep. It is crazy and definitely a challenge to collect Digimon cards. To give you an example, there is a lot of 9 series 6 booster packs on ebay right now. The bid still has 7 1/2 days to go and is already over $400.
suraimu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote

I wonder how many of those people actually like the game/digimon and how many are speculators.
guardian91
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote

I wonder too, but have no idea. That reminds me. I once saw a 10 cent card go for close to $200 because everyone was bidding on it. People thought it must be rare just because other people were bidding on it. It was crazy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Digimon Digi-Battle Card Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: