main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Cards not in 'collector' condition but 'played'

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Cards not in 'collector' condition but 'played'   PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice from the more well-versed traders amongst you. I have some cards I want to add to my 'for trade' list. They are cards that have been lovingly played with rather than kept in a file to be looked at. As such, there are a few scuffs to corners and edges. While these cards are no good to collectors who want pristine-conditioned cards, they are perfectly suitable for those who are just after a complete set of cards to play with.

Can I still trade these cards despite the slight scuffs? Is it even allowed? If so, how do I then go about making sure other traders are aware of the not-so-pristine conditions of each card?

Cheers for any advice.

Edit: Just to add, I picked them up at a garage sale. I have worked out some sets are fake (they are going in the bin), and I'm trying to decipher the rest now! Never knew it was so complicated!
silverkitsune
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote

You can trade cards in any condition you wish. However, you may want to specify the card condition in the comments, in case they aren't perfect. I wouldn't put "played" because it generally means the card is really worn, but you can use a word from this scale:

Mint (booster fresh)
Near Mint (almost booster fresh, has minimal and generally near-invisible flaws)
Excellent (may have some light edge wear and/or scratches)
Very Good (more consistent edge wear)
Good (even more, and it might have a bigger crease and/or bend)
Fair (has bends and scratches, still playable)
Poor (very damaged)

Hope that helps! Smile
marigoldfroggy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote

It's also helpful if you take pictures of the cards you are trading. There are definitely people out there who will trade for non-mint cards (myself included from time to time).
snoofy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: photobucket   PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys, I use photobucket when I need to let someone see the condition of a card or cards. Once you create an account and upload pictures, you can designate albums. For example, I have a damaged Mystical Space Typhoon(MRL-047) that I would be willing to trade so I created a photo album just for it, and now I can just repost the link through the TCO message system and the other party can click right to the images of my card.
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Thanks for the feedback and great suggestions. I'm glad to hear that people are willing to trade for just normal cards. Now I have the fun tasks of determining validity, and then scanning/photographing the successful ones!
snoofy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: One more thing!   PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote

Oh hey, one more thing, if you use an android phone, there is an app for photobucket so you could literally snap a picture, upload, sort it into an album, and then post the link to the TCO message board all from your phone. I am not sure if the app exists for iphone or windows phones.
xfreak82
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote

Excellent info snoofy! My phone is old and the camera pretty rubbish, so I think I'll stick to scanning and uploading. Hopefully there will be better images that way.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: