main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Database fixes.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Database fixes.   PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote

This topic will track the various fixes and improvements of the existing cards in the Duel Masters database.

That means all the bad translations and card text fixing and image addition and all that.

I'll be doing this continuously as I go along and new things come up and all that.

So I would also like input from you guys in regards to what you know or think is wrong.
But before you all rush to do that, keep in mind that I know more in general, and I am already aware of a lot of things that need doing.

Anyway, let's see what we have here...Oh and "HN" stands for "Herald Notes", which basically means it's my ranting about these changes...If I decide I like using this system.

*Set 31 Greatest Champion was missing the last card, Magic Shot-Panda Full Life...Added.

And about time really, this card is pretty useful, it was rather annoying without it.

*Greatest Caesar, again from set 31 Greatest Champion was fixed in it's text. He only casts Darkness or Fire Spells with a total cost of 7 or less from the grave.

*Bazagaberg Hayate Dragon can attack untapped creatures. He is the upgrade of Bazgazageal.

*Paper Para Benkei puts the Dragon or Samurai from the mana zone into battle. It's the same kind of effect as Soulswap.

*Lok, Vizier of Brilliance from Base Set has NO rules text, he's basically a vanilla, it is clear from his art.

I loled when I saw this way back on him: " Choose up to 2 of your creatures in the battle zone. They can't be blocked this turn. "...Someone must have confused him with Laser Wing somehow.

*Supernova Apollonus Dragerion puts ALL cards in the opponents mana zone to grave when it is chosen, not just one.

I am kind of liking this but at the same time it's somehow annoying also. Freaking hax.

*Guardian of Lightboom Terus Ruth is horribly wrong, lol. So far it said:

"When a card you control in the Battle Zone is put into the Graveyard by an opponent, return that card to your Mana Zone."

Now it doesn't take much to realize that this is something rather crazy and somewhat broken, and I know plenty of people, me included used it that way, though thankfully we didn't abused it.

His real effect is just like Snork La. This is just awesome mana zone protection, and it was released in a time when mana burn really did get insane.

*Tita Peril in set 14 (Generation Gear) is actually Chitta Peloru which I am sure you all know from a promo pack.

The effect was horribly wrong: All creatures in Battle Zone that have race Dragon does not need to tap to attack.

That doesn't even make sense, and it can also mean that creatures that have no need to tap to attack can attack ad infinitum. Cute, but so wrong, so I fixed it.
Decided to keep it's name though, because I just love it.

*I made Jenny's effect sound really clear on the fact that you look at the hand and chose what to discard.

*Hard-Hitting Attacker Dolgaza should be renamed to Dolgazer, Veteran of Hard Battle, but it seems it won't let me change it so much, so I just made it "Dolgazer" at the end for now.

*Battle Meteor Night Screamer's effect works if your opponent does NOT have a God or Phoenix, not for "each" one that he would have.

He's still rather fail imo.

*Metsu's effect on linking is a "may" one.

*Dilnia, Erifaust, Weil, Odd-Face Ace and Basil(Bajir) are rainbow creatures with two effects on destruction, but it's an OR effect, meaning that you just chose and do one.

*"Demonic Holy Spirit" from set 13 is actually Balforce, the Demonic Holy Spirit, though I could only add "Balforce" at the end, and he had this cute yet wrong effect before:

"When this creature is blocked, untap this creature after the battle."

Which is kind of not good at all, and sort of fail. Here is his real effect:

"When this creature blocks, after the battle untap it."

Oh yes, much better <3.

*Dark Flame Drive works on UNtapped creatures, not tapped, lol.

*Necrodragon Guljeneraid from The Draconic Nova has a bad effect here...

As we all know his effect works on himself, not on the Dragon that was destroyed, I mean otherwise it's even more insane than Infinity Dragon.

So now we can freely use the other Guljeneraid image, which in all fairness is the one I like and want, I don't like the stupid DM-44 one.

*Jack Raidou only selects Evolution creatures that share his race, from the deck.

*Superior Draconic Phoenix Volgailsak has his second effect fixed...His second effect doesn't mean that the card under him has to not be Armored Dragon or Tyranno, it just means that he can't TARGET creatures of those races to destroy with his effect, but it's cool with whatever Dragon you have under him.
And only with strictly less power than him it seems.

Alternatly, Nine Dragon Spirit Dran Kilios is accurate, but his first effect is like Jenny's, and lets you see the hand and chose what to discard.

*Crimson Commune and Solar Commune were fixed...Like the other Commune spells they are a mass effect, and they just simply activate for each creature that you have of that race.

It wasn't just 1 creature and affecting both sides for these, that was very lame.

Also replaced "creature type" with "race" in the other Commune spells to make it clear.

*Fixed the name of Aegis, and his rules text. The whole race killing thing happens only when HE blocks and wins a battle, not when he is blocked.

This makes him much cooler <3.

Last edited by czamora on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
fireheart

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote

If you are going to be fixing card text I suggest you look at the notes in the description: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/32025
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/32997
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote

fireheart wrote:
If you are going to be fixing card text I suggest you look at the notes in the description: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/32025
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/32997

I appreciate the concern but I already knew all of those long before and I had them covered, as well as much more.

I told you that I know what I am doing :P.

P.S: Of course Romanoff forces you to send a Spell to grave. That was never an issue, it was always self-implied from how his effect was written.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Here are another bunch of more important fixes...

*Added a heck of a lot of missing images to DM-31 Greatest Champion...I mean wtf there were like 25 missing images O.o...And of rather very good cards also, but whatever, it's all fixed now.

Oh and don't forget I also added the missing card some time ago, Panda Full Life.

*Set 32 Evolution Saga was only missing the image of Auravine, and everything else was done very well, so it was just a normal miss.

I don't know who told me there were lots of images missing from set 32, but he must have confused it for set 31, in which case I already knew that. Lol, it was a bit silly to check all the set 32 cards.

*I added the proper image to the Base Set card Dimension Gate.

*In the set "Promotional Cards" you will find all sorts of cards, all of them placed as Promos from the English game and it's early sets.

They are almost all cards that were already released in the sets, and some of them do have images.

I won't bother adding images for all the rest since they will all be the same card art, just with some added effects or faded image or card format.

So that would be kind of pointless, and too annoying, so I won't do it, not anytime in the near future anyway.

I DID however add the missing images for unique cards that were released as promos, so that means: Amnis, Giliam, Angry Maple, Twister Fish and Velyrika Dragon <3, as well as a couple of extra Rothuses, one Japanese.
The Rothuses are awesome...

Anyway, that's about it...

In set 18, Best Challenger, I will add the extra cards and missing images sometime in the near future.

Anyway, I made all these card text and image fixes, and will continue to, BUT you guys need to know that if you had any of these cards in a deck since before I did the changes, then you will have to re-add them in order to get the updated text and images...

So don't forget, I don't want any complaints like that <,<...Anyway, laters.

-Nera
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote

*Added the images to Legend Chronicles Rival, as they were all missing.

And in this pack, much like Legend Chronicles Shobu, you have various cards that are more popular/classic/fanservice than necessarily that good; but more importantly they have the same style of improved card format with all sorts of effects, symbols and fading added to it, which is very awesome.

Heavy and Metal have a new art also, which is very sick by the way.

Romanoff and Babelginus also have extra shiny effects added in their original art.

This one also has Astral Reef, which is a wicked card. This card is the original Japanese Astral Warper from the early sets. It is restricted to 1 ever since.
The art is the original one, it just has the same kind of effects added like the rest of the promo pack. Either way, great card, very happy to see it here.

*I fixed the text of Spirit Patrol Soldias, Vise Flame Dragoon and the rest of the cards with the same effect from that set.

They all have a tap ability, but the thing is that their abilities say that you need to tap the creatures and 8 other untapped cards in Mana Zone for their effect, and this was missing.

I've seen people use them without that, thinking they were so awesome. They were...They are actually overpowered without that.

*Fixed Assassin Puppet Gamaa's effect...You only destroy a TAPPED creature with it, not any creature.

It would have been too awesome and too good otherwise, especially for that time in the sets for when it was released.

I saw people being very triggerhappy with it thinking it worked like that.

Well that's it for now.

-Nera
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote

*OMG...I noticed before but I forgot. I changed the rules text of Royal Durian to the REAL one! So far it had the same effect as Rolicking Totem which was rather fail.

And I have been using him recently also, lol. Either way, hope this clears things up much better, and he is restored to his rightful place of awesome.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Upload please   PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote

Please upload images for the set Heroes Packs.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Upload please   PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote

shobu_souvik wrote:
Please upload images for the set Heroes Packs.

I know about those also, but I can't actually, not now...First of all Heroes Packs is either DMC-47 or DMC-48. Either way I have to add both of them regardless...

But there are much more cards in them than the 9 we have so far. I got some lead on some images, but I am not exactly sure of the cards that are in it, so I will have to get more information on them and all that.

That will take some time, I have enough things to do as it is..Either way those set packs are only with reprints, just cards with different arts. There are no new cards yet, so it can wait.

Alternately, I made another update...

*I changed the name of cards around to clearly distinguish the Reapers(and White Knights) from the non-Reapers, as per the rules primer of set 33.

Ryoma_Echizen wrote:
Bell Hell De Gaul, Death's Footprint -> Bell Hell De Gaul, Footprint of the Reaper (DM-32 #S6)
Death March, Practitioner of Death -> Death March, Reaper of Death (DM-32 #54)
La Jeanne, White Spirit Knight -> La Jeanne, White Knight (DM-32 #45)

or not a Reaper:

Gregorias, Mystic Light Reaper -> Gregorias, Mystic Light Death Saint (DMC-46 #11)
Bone Reaper, Devourer of Bones -> Bone Ripper, Devourer of Bones (DM-16 #45) (Bone Eating Weird-Man Horn Ripper)

*Changed the name of Neo Gryphis to Nero Gryphis, this is the accurate one.

-Nera

Last edited by czamora on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote

*Death Chaser's text fixed. He destroys untapped creatures, lol.

*Endless Puppet text clarified.

*Junkatz had the effect of Invincible Unity, lol.

*Meltdown was missing the SECOND effect, which is the one we actually NEED, so that was funny.

*Wicked Saint Gil-Douglas got his effect fixed, the Light one that is. Lol at placing the card you drew into the battle zone instead.
fireheart

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote

Poppo 'Yatarou' Pappi needs to be changed from a Fire Bird or Samurai saver to a Dragon or Samurai one as shown at ccgdb. Also, it whould be nice if Samurai Legend and God Kingdom get added to the database.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Right, yeah that is a good one, I remember that one also. Fixed Pappi.

About DMC-56 and 57...I know about them and I planned on adding them long ago before you guys even knew they were out, but ran into troubles with adding new creature types and all that.
I sat down talking stuff through with the admin, and now things are generally better understood, so I will actually be doing the job of updating starting from now on rather than as soon as I was a Herald.

Those packs should come here very soon, at least as soon as the admin reads his recent message, lol.

*Pacrio's name changed to the real, better one: Pakurio.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Alphadios   PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote

Seeing this topic reminds me to tell you that I think Spirit King Alfadios and Alphadios, Lord of Spirit its the same card and it should have the same name.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Alphadios   PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote

alexceltare2 wrote:
Seeing this topic reminds me to tell you that I think Spirit King Alfadios and Alphadios, Lord of Spirit its the same card and it should have the same name.

I know about that, but I can't really bother doing much in that sense.

Sets 13-24 over here are done by Spike, an older, frankly not that great translator, as opposed to Ryoma who did/does them now.

Aside from mistakes in the rules texts that Spike made, he went for a more literal translation of the names. Sets 13-17 were re-translated by Ryoma, and any new updates continue in the same style/naming.

Technically I would supposed to rename all the cards manualy more or less, if we go about it that way. But I'll change some names from sets 13-17 here and there, just not now.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Cyber brain!   PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Hello! I KNOW I've told this one before and I know you know about it. Just to remind ^^ The Cyber Brain in 'The God Kingdom' has been translated as Brain Serum. It's not like it's that much of a bother since there are other Cyber Brains that you can use. But WHEN you have time, please check it out Nerafim. I know you're busy so don't overdo it ^^ Thank you! See ya!

- White
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been meaning to do that too, but it slipped my mind, lol.

It's fixed now.

I also added in the extra missing images for Corocoro Legend 7, so enjoy guys. Though I must say that I am having some doubts, I think and am fairly sure that Aqua Guard is supposed to be Marine Flower. I'll double check and fix it if needed.

And you can expect set 34 soon also.

-Nera
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: